Should you book your next CEBUPAC Tickets thru ONLINE BANKING?

As of this writing, I just had a call with Cebu Pacific's customer service and thankfully it did not disappoint. What I thought would save me a few bucks and time in going to the nearest payment center has cost me more time and money, stress, even. Few day ago, I was able to close two bookings from CebuPac promo fare. Each booking was a round trip domestic flight good for 2 persons. One costs PHP 1,630 and the other was PHP 2,070. I was skeptical at first but since I've read from one blog about its author's experience in booking thru METROBANK online banking, I gave in. It was a smooth transaction. Not until 24 hours later when I just received the confirmation of one flight/ booking. And the other, I did not know what happened. Worse, it was the more pricey flight. I immediately called CebuPac's customer service. After talking with one of their agents, I have learned that my payment has been declined. One possible reason for this was the delay of the transactions between the bank and the airline company. It could be that the payment has been made after the 11:59PM time allotment of CebuPac for each reserved bookings. Hence, my booking was not accepted. Good thing the agent was very helpful enough to re-confirm my booking.


WHAT TO DO IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION AT CEBU PACIFIC 24 HOURS UPON PAYMENT


  1. Call Cebu Pacific's customer service. Contacts can be seen from their website. (Click HERE for list of contacts.) 
  2. Upon calling, make sure you have with you the details of your booking such as: reference no., flight details, name of passengers, flight no. and the time and date of departure and arrival. 
  3. The agent will be asking you to resend a copy of proof of payment you made thru the bank at their email: cebpaymentcenter@cebupacificair.com. (NOTE: it is important to always save a copy of every transaction you make online to in case unnecessary occurrences happen) 
  4. After 24 hours, you need to call their customer service to confirm your booking.
  5. Finally, after checking in with their accounting the proof of payment you emailed, your confirmation number will be given to you which you can use to view your itinerary.


SHOULD YOU BOOK THRU ONLINE BANKING?

The other booking I made went smoothly, with confirmation sent to me after 24 hours from the time I made the payment. But there is always greater risk when you book online. It is only you who would be processing the whole transaction. Given the delay, you cannot be sure if your payment will make the cut off time set by Cebu Pacific. So my suggestion, as much as possible, it is better if you just pay your reservations thru bank deposits or thru payment centers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAIA Terminal 3 via Jeepney

Tanay, Rizal: Daranak Falls, Mt. Daraitan, Tinipak River Travel Guide

Mt. Maculot Cuenca, Batangas Travel Guide (from Cavite)